Meguiars Car Wash
Better products for better results!
Meguiars car wash products represent only a small fraction of the
many quality car care products from Meguiar's. Three (3) specific car
wash shampoos are offered from Meguiar's and each promise to perform
with excellent results.
Like many other car care companies, Meguiar's tries to tailor different
products to specific needs and preferences of their customer base; the
reality is that it is often difficult to decide any real meaningful
difference other than packaging, fragrance, and color. When it comes to
choosing the best car wash products, these Meguiar's car wash reviews
will help you determine the best fit for your needs.
Car Washing 101 Review
Before we get into the specific Meguiar's car wash reviews, we need to address a few important points to remember when it comes to washing our cars:
- Car washing should be done every 1 to 2 weeks to remove superficial dirt; dirt and sun are the worst things for your cars paint finish.
- The (2) main chores of any car wash product will be lubrication to prevent scratching, and to create a sheeting action to prevent water spotting.
- Modern day car wash shampoos can offer the best combination of car washing duties and car wax extenders.
- Do not use any detergent, shampoo, or cleaner that is not formulated specifically for use as a car washing product; these will cut and remove any form of wax you may have on your car.
- For specific forms of dirt and grime, spot treat these areas only after using a quality product like any of these Meguiar's car wash products.
Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash
Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 64 oz.
- Trusted name when it comes to cosmetic car care.
- Quality product; economical price!
- Top rated car wash on Amazon.
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax
Meguiar's G17748 Ultimate Wash and Wax - 48 oz.
- Another quality product from a trusted name.
- Wash and wax at the same time.
- My first choice in a quality car wash soap.
- Top rated car wash on Amazon.
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax:
As I stated earlier, modern advances in chemical engineering have produced not only superior car care products, but products that are easier than ever to use! As car owners and car enthusiasts, our lives are easier and better than ever.
Any of these Meguiars car wash products will deliver exceptional results and you will not be disappointed! As far as deciding between the two; my money is on the second, Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax.
Darren's Car Washing Professional Tips:
It seems I am a committed skeptic and cynic. Certain industries seem to produce more cynicism and skepticism than others; the car care industry being one of them. Back what seemed a hundred years ago, I used to think any old soap would do when washing my car and reached for traditional dish soap; Liquid Dawn seemed to be one of the more popular. It wasn't until I finally reached for a quality car wash soap like Meguiar's car wash, that I fully appreciated the benefits of a quality car wash shampoo. So with that said, use this car wash checklist to become a more educated car owner and consumer:
- Any dish soap or detergent that breaks down grease will break down the wax on your car's finish.
- Car wash soap needs to be looked at appropriately and that is simply lubrication to prevent scratching of your paint, and water sheeting capabilities to prevent water spotting.
- Any forms of grease and grime should be treated after the fact of car washing, and done with spot cleaners to prevent wax removal from entire car.
- A quality car wash shampoo really makes a differnce in your finished product! (If your car has been neglected for some time and your car paint is not smooth and protected with some form of wax, shopping for a car wash shampoo is not the place for you to be starting)
- For the truly committed car enthusiasts out there I recommend using the Grit Gaurd below.
Chemical Guys Car Washing Kit:
Despite this being a page dedicated to Meguiar's car wash products, I
am going to offer up a very simplified approach to sourcing out all the
necessary products and tools to make your life easier.
all...do you really want to spend all day reading one review after
another. Or are you really after a clean car using quality products so
you can get down to business?
Chemical Guys ACC_101 Detailing Bucket Kit (5 Items)
- Simplify your life.
- Quit shopping and just pull the trigger.
- All-in-one so you can get down to washing that car of yours and get professional results!
- Comes with the innovative Grit-Guard insert for even "safer" car washing.
"A Better Wash Mitt"
Chemical Guys MIC497 Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt, 1 Pack
- The exact wash mitt I use professionally.
- In my opinion; the safest wash mitt you can use.
- I love "kits". As a rule you can save money and try out products you might never take a chance using if you were forced to order them separately. But the Chemciacal Guys car wash kit from above does not have this wash mitt I highly recommend. But the kit still remains a good value based on the wash bucket and the car washing shampoo.
"A Better Drying Cloth"
Chemical Guys MIC_781_01 Waffle Weave Gray Matter Microfiber Drying Towel (25 in. x 36 in.)
- If you are still using those bath towels to dry your car; you really don't know what you don't know. And those extra absorbent 100% cloth bath towels you think are safe; really aren't safe! (not only do they leave plenty of lint, but they are putting what we call in the industry as wash scratch.)
- If you have never used one of these waffle weave drying cloths; you are in for a real treat! (Welcome to the modern world of car care!)
- Highly rated micro-fiber drying cloth on Amazon and within the professional world.
Meguiars Car Wash Summary
The good news is that the industry has developed endless choices with quality car care products...which is also the bad news as you will be seduced into reading one endless review after another.
But doing so will not get you any closer to your real objective. So follow my advice and pull the trigger on one of these products.In the meantime, do me a favor and pay this forward by posting to your favorite forum or social media site and help me spread the word.
Detailing Tips Home
Car Washing Tips
Meguiars Car Wash