Meguiars Car Wash
Better products for better results!
Meguiars car wash products represent only a small fraction of the
many quality car care products from Meguiar's. Three (3) specific car
wash shampoos are offered from Meguiar's and each promise to perform
with excellent results.
Like many other car care companies, Meguiar's tries to tailor different
products to specific needs and preferences of their customer base; the
reality is that it is often difficult to decide any real meaningful
difference other than packaging, fragrance, and color. When it comes to
choosing the best car wash products, these Meguiar's car wash reviews
will help you determine the best fit for your needs.
Car Washing 101 Review
Before we get into the specific Meguiar's car wash reviews, we need to address a few important points to remember when it comes to washing our cars:
- Car washing should be done every 1 to 2 weeks to remove superficial dirt; dirt and sun are the worst things for your cars paint finish.
- The (2) main chores of any car wash product will be lubrication to prevent scratching, and to create a sheeting action to prevent water spotting.
- Modern day car wash shampoos can offer the best combination of car washing duties and car wax extenders.
- Do not use any detergent, shampoo, or cleaner that is not formulated specifically for use as a car washing product; these will cut and remove any form of wax you may have on your car.
- For specific forms of dirt and grime, spot treat these areas only after using a quality product like any of these Meguiar's car wash products.
Meguiars Car Wash: Gold Class Car Wash
Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 64 oz.
- Trusted name when it comes to cosmetic car care.
- Quality product; economical price!
- Top rated car wash on Amazon.
Meguiars Car Wash: Ultimate Wash and Wax
Meguiar's G17748 Ultimate Wash and Wax - 48 oz.
- Another quality product from a trusted name.
- Wash and wax at the same time.
- My first choice in a quality car wash soap.
- Top rated car wash on Amazon.
Darren's Top Pick: Meguiars car wash: Ulimtate wash and wax
As I stated earlier, modern advances in chemical engineering have produced not only superior car care products, but products that are easier than ever to use! As car owners and car enthusiasts, our lives are easier and better than ever.
Any of these Meguiars car wash products will deliver exceptional results and you will not be disappointed! As far as deciding between the two; my money is on the second, Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax.
For many of you who have been around long enough like myself, grew up in an era of limited chemical engineering. So thinking that car wash can actually "wax" your car at the same time seems completely counter-intuitive and goes against what we old-timers would call logic and reason. Just as water and oil don't mix; wax and wash don't seem to mix either. But this is where advances in chemical engineering come in. Additional chemicals are added that "bind" the two ingredients so they actually can co-exist within the same formulation.
While the wax within this Meguiars car wash does not actually have what many believe to be the ultimate type of car wax known as carnauba, it does in fact contain polymers and silicone's that will in fact enhance the appearance of your car and leave a trace amount of "protection" in the form of these polymers and silicone's. WHile this could be considered a trivial amount of protection, it is nonetheless better than nothing at all. And for this reason I choose the Ultimate wash and wax over the Gold Class when it comes to choosing between the Meguairs car wash products.
Darren's Car Washing Professional Tips:
It seems I am a committed skeptic and cynic. Certain industries seem to produce more cynicism and skepticism than others; the car care industry being one of them. Back what seemed a hundred years ago, I used to think any old soap would do when washing my car and reached for traditional dish soap; Liquid Dawn seemed to be one of the more popular. It wasn't until I finally reached for a quality car wash soap like Meguiars car wash, that I fully appreciated the benefits of a quality car wash shampoo. So with that said, use this car wash checklist to become a more educated car owner and consumer:
- Any dish soap or detergent that breaks down grease will break down the wax on your car's finish.
- Car wash soap needs to be looked with more realistic expectations and understand the limitations of what a quality car wash product actually does and what it doesn't do. The main goal of a car wash product is to add lubrication to the washing process to help dissolve and lubricate the dirt and dust particles, while suspending them in the car wash soap to help prevent scratching and marring of your paint surface. The added silicone's and polymers contained in some car wash soaps is just an added benefit that chemical engineering is able to produce.
- Any forms of grease and grime should be treated after the fact of car washing, and done with spot cleaners to prevent wax removal from entire car.
- A quality car wash shampoo really makes a difference in your finished product! (If your car has been neglected for some time and your car paint is not smooth and protected with some form of wax, shopping for a car wash shampoo is not the place end your search. You need to follow the basics of car paint care)
- For the truly committed car enthusiasts out there I recommend using the Grit Guard below.
Meguiar's Car Wash:
Better Products and Better Tools!
Chemical Guys MIC497 Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt, 1 Pack
- The exact wash mitt I use professionally.
- In my opinion; the safest wash mitt you can use.
- I love kits! And as a rule you can save money and try products you might never take a chance using if you were forced to order them separately. But the Chemical Guys car wash kit from above does not have this wash mitt I highly recommend, but the kit still remains a good value based on the wash bucket and the car washing shampoo.
"A Better Drying Cloth"
Chemical Guys MIC_781_01 Waffle Weave Gray Matter Microfiber Drying Towel (25 in. x 36 in.)
- If you are still using those bath towels to dry your car; you really don't know what you don't know. And those extra absorbent 100% cloth bath towels you think are safe; really aren't safe! (not only do they leave plenty of lint, but they are putting what we call in the industry as wash scratch.)
- If you have never used one of these waffle weave drying cloths; you are in for a real treat! (Welcome to the modern world of car care!)
- Highly rated micro-fiber drying cloth on Amazon and within the professional world.
Complete car wash kit:
Chemical Guys car wash bucket kit
Once again, I am a fan of kits. And this car wash bucket kit from Chemical Guys is a simple wya to get the most bang for your buck while not sacrificing on quality. A kit that contains some of the key components to safely , effectively, and professionally washing your car.
Chemical Guys HOL121 Best Car Wash Bucket Kit (11 Items)
- Contains the famous wash bucket with the Grit Guard insert for the safest washing process.
- Contains many of the top rated car washing products you will need; from washing the car itself to cleaning the wheels.
- Drying cloths that are far superior than the bath towels many of you are currently still using (say good bye to lint and swirl marks from your "safe" 100% cotton bath towels)
- Comes with their very popular After-Wash spray to help release water as you dry and adds optical enhancers to your car paint. (you spray this on your wet car after your final rinse and dry like normal. Amazing technology many of you have likely never experienced.)
- Economical way to get you to where you want. May not contain exactly everything you would pick out separately, but for the money you can save and the convenience factor, you will be at least 95% to where you wanted to be anyways with this great combination of quality car care products)
Meguiars Car Wash Summary
The good news is that the industry has developed endless choices with quality car care products...which is also the bad news as you will be seduced into reading one endless review after another.
But doing so will not get you any closer to your real objective. So follow my advice and pull the trigger on one of these products. In the meantime, do me a favor and pay this forward by posting to your favorite forum or social media site and help me spread the word.
Detailing Tips Home
Car Washing Tips
Meguiars Car Wash