Auto Upholstery Protector:
The missing secret to professional results
While people have heard of auto upholstery protectors, many people
remain skeptical of these products abilities and have not experienced
the benefits of a quality fabric and carpet protector first hand.
I too was skeptical for years; especially when the carpet cleaner we
hired to clean our indoor carpets wanted to up-sale us on carpet
protection. But once I cleaned my first car upholstery that had been
treated with a carpet protector from the dealer, I was instantly
Auto Upholstery Protector: True Story!
Here's a true story and one in which I found out first hand the amazing benefits of fabric and carpet protectors:
Having been in the auto detailing business for many years at the time of
the experience, I was well familiar with the time and effort normally
required to clean and shampoo carpeting and floor mats. As I was
detailing the inside of this car, I noticed how easily and thoroughly
the floor mats and carpeting cleaned up.
I thought that maybe the "magic" was the upholstery itself. Then I was was introduced to the magical world of fabric protectors and learned the secret to cleaning upholstery to a whole new level of clean!
The "Magic" Ingredient:
Auto Upholstery Protectors
Finding an effective carpet and upholstery cleaner is one thing, but finding and using an effective auto upholstery protector is another critical part of the equation to getting truly professional results.
- Forget the expensive car dealership fabric protection "systems" filled with huge mark-ups
- Make your car upholstery cleaning easier and more effective
- Reduce or completely eliminate any future staining
- Perfect for canvas convertible tops
- More uses than just for your car; a must have for most people! You will find endless uses for around the house as well
303 Fabric Guard
303 (30606) Fabric Guard Trigger Sprayer, 32 fl. oz.
- Ideal for use in cars, boats, RV's, and around the house
- Also ideal for use on convertible tops
- Endless uses as a protectant for both automotive and household use
- Top rated reviews on Amazon
- Professional grade protection
Chemical Guys Fabric Guard
Chemical Guys SPI_210_16 Fabric Guard Interior Protector Shield (16 oz)
- Well known and trusted name within cosmetic car care
- Ideal for use on all your car interior fabrics such as carpeting, velour, cloth, etc.
- Can also be used for endless other porous materials around the house
- Ideal for use on convertible car tops
- Also contains an odor block
Scotchgard Fabric Protector, 10-Ounce, 2-Pack
- Name brand we all know and trust
- Top rated Amazon reviews
- One of my personal favorites
- The convenience of an aerosol (if you consider that convenient)
- Cannot be shipped via air freight
Darren's Professional Tips
Of course you will need to clean your car upholstery first, and you can access that page at how to clean car upholstery. Or simply apply one of these products to your brand new floor mats and other porous fabric and cloth upholstery; even your convertible car tops.
- Always follow manufacturers directions of application
- I use every time I shampoo cloth and fabric upholstery
- I use professionally to maintain my customers cars
- Headliners, floor mats, seating, seat-belts, convertible tops, etc., etc. Any porous material
- No car upholstery protector will prevent your car's upholstery from every conceivable stain; colors are always problematic in their many forms, but a quality protector any of these products will prevent virtually any stain you will likely come across in your world
- Despite what you may have heard, shampooing your carpeting or cloth auto upholstery does not mean it is going to "attract" dirt in the future. Anything will continue to get dirty as normal, but once you have applied any of these auto upholstery protectors, cleaning will be far easier and your efforts for more effective
- Do not underestimate the power of these stain protectors
- Even dark/black interior cloth and fabric will benefit as I have seen many dark interiors stained with colors from drinks, coffee, or tea. Trust me on this, you will appreciate it once you have that "accident" and go to clean it away but it just won't come clean as you failed to apply a fabric guard first
Upholstery Cleaning Tips