Car Adhesive Remover:
There is good, then there is great!
If you own a car, a top rated car adhesive remover will eventually be a must!
Life is a jungle and very few areas of life is this more true than out on the public roads! And finding a quality car adhesive remover is not going to be an "if" moment, but "when" moment.
There is not a moment of life out on the public roads that some form
of construction is not taking place, and eventually you will require a
quality tar and adhesive remover for your car.
But a quality automotive adhesive remover can serve many purposes when it comes to your car and detailing.
Professional Grade Here!
Like every other
area of cosmetic car care, not all products are created equal, and many
times as a professional, I find the winning combination in a product
outside of my own industry of detailing.
When it comes to detailing cars and performing at the professional
level, you are required to become an expert in so many other areas that
most people don't naturally associate with car detailing.
Removing decals, car emblems, road tar, etc. are areas of detailing that require additional areas of expertise.
"Darren why Rapid Remover and Not a Traditional Car Adhesive Remover?"
Glad you asked!
The simple answer is this....because it is not only so darn effective, but for a host of other benefits:
RAPID REMOVER Adhesive Remover for Vinyl Wraps Graphics Decals Stripes 32oz Sprayer
- Water soluble; can be rinsed off with plain water
- Natural ingredients
- I actually use (selectively like any other adhesive remover) on both interior and exterior detailing tasks
- Because I have tried so many other dedicated automotive adhesive removers and they just don't work as quickly or as easily
- Not caustic like other tar and adhesive removers can be
for all heavy duty grease, road tar, gum, adhesives, and any other
cleaning task associated with grease/oil/adhesive based duties
Darren's Professional Tips
I have used many of the commercial and retail car adhesive removers for decades. I have also tried many of the retail tar and adhesive removers with much dissatisfaction!
Not until I was doing work for a local sign company did I find out about this amazing product called Rapid remover.
Due to it's amazing abilities, I soon started experimenting with what is called off-label use of this product. (just as it sounds, using products in ways not part of product labeling)
Since then I have come to the conclusion that this product can replace or be used in place off other types of cleaners, degreasers, tar removers, and the like:
- I use it to remove all road tar on exterior of car. Simply spray on car, allow to dwell about 30 seconds, and begin to wipe with micro-fiber cloth
- I use on car engines where the grease is especially thick (this product is flammable like many other products, so use on cool engines)
- I use whenever I need to remove a car decal (you must remove shiny or top layer first)
- I use on the interior upholstery if there is ever heavy duty grease, oil, or gum (test in an inconspicuous area first. Not all car interior components are created equally)
- I also use around my house to clean any heavy duty grease/oil based stains
Car Adhesive Removers:
You have options....
The Rapid Remover by Rapid Tac is not your only option; just the option I default to out of professional experience.
But I get it...
Just because I love it may not mean you have to opt for it.
Car Pro TarX:
Car adhesive remover
Tar X Tar and Adhesive Remover 500 Milliliter with Sprayer
- A dedicated car adhesive remover from the world of professional auto detailing
- effective for all things adhesive, tar, gum, grease, oil removal
- More expensive than the Rapid Remover adhesive remover, but some people like industry dedicated products
- From a very trusted name in professional detailing products
Car Adhesive remover
3M Adhesive Remover, Helps Remove Tar, Attachment Tape & Bumper Sticker Adhesive, 12 oz., 1 aerosol
- Doesn't get any more well known than 3M...for just about anything
- A "good" car adhesive remover (good, just not great in my opinion)
- Some people simply default to the most common brand when it comes to purchasing decisions
Car label and sticker remover
Turtle Wax T-529 Label & Sticker Remover - 10 oz.
- Another trusted name in the world of cosmetic car care
- Not traditionally accepted as professional detailing grade, but still effective based on your needs
- Can be used for all things adhesive residue, tar, gum, grease, oils
Goo Gone Automotive:
Automotive goo and sticker remover
Goo Gone Automotive - Cleans Auto Interiors, Auto Bodies and Rims, Removes Bugs, Stickers, Paint and More - 24 Fl. Oz.
- A very familiar "cleaner" and adhesive remover
- Now a dedicated car adhesive remover (versus the original Goo Gone)
- Not my first choice, but "can work in a pinch (based on your task)
Pay "Car Adhesive Remover" Forward!
I bet you know of at least one other person than can benefit from the information I have taken much time to put together on this page. If not, simply post to your favorite social media site and pay it forward!
And don't forget to check out my YouTube channel for additional video tutorials. The subscribe button is at the top and bottom of most pages!
Professional Car Detailing Products