Car Engine Degreaser:
Learn what is safe and effective!
Finding a top rated car engine degreaser is a subject of auto detailing and car care with endless opinions! Some will say what to use while others will disagree.
Having a clean engine for many of us is as important as keeping wax
on our cars. While the list of benefits of having a clean and detailed
car engine is long, most people find themselves stuck between choosing
an effective top rated engine degreaser, and how to actually go about
degreasing their engine in a safe manner.
The opinions on this
subject are endless and a quick search will deliver limitless
contradicting opinions as to what to use and how to do it.
Top Rated Car Engine Degreaser
Before I address the process of cleaning and detailing your car engine and engine bay, we need to find a top-rated car engine degreaser.
- One that is very effective.
- One that is completely safe.
- One effective and safe for both the professional and the hobbyist
See how I just took a subject that most people think is simply about buying the best automotive engine degreaser and turned it into a more complex question....
With that said, I need to offer you a solution to your need broken down to a level that is most ideal for you and your world.
"Darren, what would you do?"
Often i am simply asked by my long term followers what I would do. So I will tell you not only what I would do, but how I do it and the exact chemicals and tools I use to do it with.
Car Engine Degreaser:
The Better and Safer Way to Degrease
Simple Green 19128 Crystal Industrial Cleaner/Degreaser, 1 Gallon Bottle
- Concentrate that allows you to custom blend to suit your exact needs (refer to product labeling for dilution ratios)
- Concentrate means it is more economical to you (This means more money left in your pocket)
- The exact car engine degreaser I use both professionally and personally
- I dilute this cleaner down 5:1 when degreaser a car engine (this means I mix one part of concentrate to 5 equal parts of water)
- Friendly to my health and friendly to the environment
- No more caustic fumes for me to breathe when I am detailing car engine
- Non-flammable, non-caustic, and rinses very cleanly
Darren's Note: I discovered this specific product a short time ago and have now been using it with great success and satisfaction for use in car engine detailing, wheel cleaning, tire side-wall cleaning, and a host of other uses.
I love the fact that it contains no caustic chemicals that are harmful to me or the environment but still incredibly effective. Since I use this mostly to clean my wheels and car engine, I love combining it with the 1-gallon pump sprayer below to deliver large amounts of the chemical that will be needed to effectively clean my car engine and car wheels.
Car Engine Degreaser:
Dispensing Your Car Engine Degreaser
Bar5F Empty Plastic Spray Bottles 32 oz, Chemical Resistant, Professional, Heavy Duty, Fully Adjustable Head Sprayer, Pack of 3 (Grey)
- Professional grade spray bottles and spray heads
- The exact sprayers I use professionally
- The most ergonomically friendly sprayer heads I have ever used
- Can be used with any of your chemicals or auto detailing products
- Chemical resistant sprayers
Smith 190285 1-Gallon Bleach and Chemical Sprayer for Lawns and Gardens or Cleaning Decks, Siding, and Concrete
- My first choice in a dispenser for detailing tasks that require larger volumes of product
- Eliminates the arm fatigue in trying to dispense large amounts of chemical in a traditional pump sprayer like those above
- Mix your car engine degreaser in this and cover the entire area of your car engine in a matter of seconds
- Handy wand extension allows you to reach to areas that would require you to bend over in uncomfortable ways
- Handy extension wand allows you to precisely spray engine degreaser exactly where you want and into tight areas of your car engine
Chemical Guys ACC_G09 Body and Wheel Flagged Tip Short Handle Brush
- Perfect brush for excessively dirty areas of your car engine that may need a little manual agitation
- Long bristles that are feathered at the ends for safe cleaning
- Also a great brush in your car wheel cleaning efforts
Super Clean Engine Degreaser
SuperClean 101786 32oz Multi-Surface All Purpose Cleaner Degreaser Spray, Biodegradable, Full Concentrate, Scent Free, 32 Ounce
- Perfect size for the driveway detailer or for DIY use
- Safe for any engine type
- Produces real-world, professional results
- Follow instructions on labeling
- Comes full strength for heavy duty engine degreasing, or can be diluted down for less dirty jobs
- Not just a car engine degreaser, but can be diluted down for many cleaning uses for both automotive and home use
Why Would You Want a Clean Engine?
In case you came here looking for more than just the best car engine degreaser but wanted to know the actual steps, I recommend you follow this how to clean a car engine link.
Use this check list to see if I can help you come to an informed decision:
- A clean engine is a happy engine.
- Help the resale value of your car.
- A clean engine will show the first signs of potentially risky oil leaks.
- Your mechanic will not only thank you, but treat your car and engine with a higher level of consideration relative to the way you maintain your car's engine.
- Who wants to lift the hood of your car and see a dirty, filthy engine?
"Which engine would you rather see under the hood of your car every time you open it?"
I think the above pictures make a compelling argument as to what I think most people would prefer....but only you can decide.
Like I said before, if you want to know see the more in-depth "how-to" tutorial, along with my professional recommendations of the other tools need to really clean and detail your car's engine, see How to clean a car engine link. It will open in a new page so you can not lose your place here.
Make sure you check out and subscribe to my YouTube video channel as I
continually upload more and more tutorial videos that are taken
straight from my world as a professional detailer at Auto Fetish Detail. You can subscribe with my YouTube icon just below!
How to Detail a Car