Best Car Wash Soap Review
Finding the best just became easier!
Anyone looking for the best car wash soap will quickly realize there is
an endless list of choices! Combine that with an endless sea of opinions
regarding not only the best auto wash soap, but the best way in which
to wash your car! In an era of information overload, you likely find it
difficult to filter out the bad information from the good information.
The voices are many and the choices are many more, but finding the right product that works is only part of the answer. The more important question to ask is what is the right product for me and my situation. Many times you will be listening to an opinion based on strategies that don't concern you in the moment, and may never concern you in the future. I often see people listening to information on products and techniques that do nothing more than overwhelm them to the point of confusion and inaction!
Analysis of Car Wash Soap
Like every area of cosmetic car care, you can quickly become buried in
technical data and terminology. But at the end of the day, do you know
what works and how to move forward? Let's keep it simple and lay out
what you really need to know about car wash shampoos:
- Water is by nature a solvent; meaning it breaks down dirt, grime, etc. So in a very basic and over-simplistic way you could call water itself the best car wash soap...except that is has no "soap" to it. Soap is an entirely different and confusing arena! And we will learn why soap in the world of car washing is a non-issue.
- People often confuse car washing with other forms of washing; like dish washing. Washing cars is mostly about removing superficial dirt without damaging the paint work itself with harsh detergents, and removing the superficial dirt without scratching the paint.
- The best car wash soap will have ingredients that help suspend dirt particles, break down water surface tension so water spots do not form, and even go so far as to leave a small layer of wax, silicone, etc. on the car for visual enhancement.
The Best Car Wash Soap
As we have learned, we needn't over think our choice as to the best car wash soap. Seriously, any form of dedicated car wash soap will perform just fine for you. But with that said...due to advances in chemical engineering, now it is possible to get even more than just a clean car. Nowadays with the right choice in quality car shampoos (another name for car wash soap), you can also get a car that is easier to dry, and looks better visually due to added ingredients that brighten paint work and add gloss.
Meguiar's G17748 Wash and Wax - 48 oz.
- You can't go wrong with Meguiar's.
- Wash and wax at same time (not to replace traditional wax applications; more of a wax extender and visual enhancer than anything else).
- Aids the drying process by not allowing to water spot.
Mothers 05674 California Gold Carnauba Wash & Wax - 64 oz.
- Another product rated as the best car wash soap.
- It is hard to go wrong if you are looking for just a dedicated car wash soap.
- Very popular and well known product from Mothers.
The Car Washing Tools
When it comes to a quality car wash, you really can't stop when you think you have found the best car wash soap. The additional tools of washing your car will also be critical to the overall results and user experience. And in this case that user is going to be you, so we want to make sure you have the best experience as possible while delivering the best results possible.
Car Washing Mitt
Chemical Guys MIC_493 Chenille Microfiber Premium Scratch-Free Wash Mitt, Lime Green
- These chenille micro-fiber wash mitts I believe are the safest.
- Can also be used with the latest in waterless washing, or no-rinse washing products.
- As safe as safe is going to get.
Car Washing Kits:
Chemical Guys HOL133 Best Detailing Bucket Kit, 16 fl. oz (5 Items)
- For any car owner truly concerned with getting maximum results with do-it-yourself car wash efforts.
- Separates dirt from washing water.
- This wash bucket and Grit Guard insert will keep dirt particles separated from the wash liquid. (a safer way to wash your car)
Chemical Guys HOL129 Best Two Bucket Wash and Dry Kit (11 Items), 16 fl. oz, 11 Pack
- The ideal kit for the hard core professional or enthusiast.
- Welcome to the world of the two-bucket car wash method.
- The separate buckets along with Grit Guards allow you to really keep the dirt separate from the wash water.
- Using two buckets is certainly not a requirement, but for those that are looking for a higher level of safety when washing their car.
Meguiar's X2000 Drying Towel
Meguiar's X2000 Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel
- There is nothing that micro-fiber doesn't do better; including drying your car. This one of endless types of micro-fiber products.
- I prefer the smaller version like this one; the bigger version becomes too difficult to work with (You know the saying; too much of a good thing...)
- The top rated car wash drying cloth.
Chemical Guys Drying Towel
Chemical Guys MIC_781_01 Waffle Weave Gray Matter Microfiber Drying Towel (25 in. x 36 in.)
- Another top rated car wash drying towel.
- As safe as safe is going to get when it comes to drying off your car.
- Soaks up far more water than any bath towel, is far safer, and doesn't leave lint.
Darren's Professional Tips
Chances are if you are what is considered an enthusiast you are probably
not here looking for info. My policy is to filter out all the "noise"
that will be filling all the chat rooms and forums. These areas of the
Internet are to be entered with caution as you will find yourself
chasing your tail following one "expert" opinion after another.
Experts do exist within these groups but even if you find one, often they will be talking about advanced products and techniques that will only apply to the last 5% of car detailing fanatics and other car fanatics. This will only overwhelm and confuse most of you. After a few weeks of this and you will find your garage quickly filling up with more and more products with you standing there frustrated and overwhelmed.
- Car washing is not only required, but is the very basic process of removing superficial dirt and dust.
- Many people become so fixated on washing their car with the proper techniques, glorified tools, expensive products, and spew their experience over the Internet. They use all this hype as some form of badge of honor as though this is going to elevate them to some elitist status of detailing. The problem is that is confuses most people and just gets annoying.
- Wash your car at a minimum once a month; I prefer to do it weekly.
- Yes you can do it in the sun as I like to do, you just need to move more quickly to avoid spotting.
- Dry areas in the direct sun first while working from top surfaces down. This goes for the washing process also; top down.
- If you are still using bath towels to dry your car with, abandon immediately; the selections above will be sheer delight!
- I use an electric leaf blower to blow seams of car off after drying for complete removal of water. (actually what I do professionally)
- Remember it is unrealistic to think you can let the dirt build-up on your car for months at a time and not do some form of abrading during the washing process. Consistency is king when it comes to car washing. The best car wash soap in the world will not over-compensate for excessive build-up of dirt.
- If you are washing in shaded light, you can combine your efforts by using the detailing clay immediately after washing and rinsing, just before drying. Spritz your wet and clean car with your choice in a quick detailer or clay lubricant, and clay bar your car in half the time. Perfect for routine maintenance clay baring. Now when you dry the car you can immediately go into waxing if you like.
- Thank you for visiting best car wash soap; pay it forward by sharing with someone else!
Best Detailing Tips Home
Car Wash Soap
Best Car Wash Soap